Frequently Asked Questions
Ordering Information and Customer Service
Our shopping cart uses PayPal to check out. PayPal currently accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and e-Check as payment options. You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay with your credit card; you will have an option to use your credit card for a one-time payment. PayPal handles the secure transaction and keeps your financial information private.
All packages ship USPS (United States Postal Service) Flat Rate Priority Mail.
Insurance and Delivery Confirmation are included in shipping fee.
|Expected Arrival Time
ONCE Order Ships
$150.00 and above
|Priority Mail (Default)
|Express Mail Envelope
|Express Mail Box
The default shipping option for all orders is Flat Rate Priority Mail via USPS. If your order total is less than $150.00, you will incur a $6.00 shipping fee which includes both insurance and delivery confirmation. Orders that total $150.00 and over (after coupon codes have been applied) ship free - Priority Mail ONLY.
Do you need your item sooner? Choose Express Mail via USPS is available for $20.00 if your item(s) fit into an Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope. Item(s) that are too large or fragile to safely ship in a padded envelope will need to be shipped in a Express Mail Box for $25.00. If your order total (after any coupon codes) is over the $150.00 free shipping point, you will pay $15.00 for an Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope and $20 for an Express Mail Box.
Note that shipping times from Hawaii are longer than in the contiguous 48 states. Express Mail takes 2 days, and for remote locations it may take 3 days. Priority mail takes between 2 and 4 days, but it is not guaranteed by a specific date.
We do not offer FedEx or UPS Shipping as the USPS is the least expensive option available from Hawaii.
We strive to ship our your order as quickly as possible. Estimated shipping times are:
- Paid orders ship in 1-3 business days. We will contact you if your order will take longer.
- "Made to Order" items may take 5-7 business days.
- Custom orders can take 4-8 weeks depending on the complexity of the piece and the materials requested - exact details will be spelled out in your custom order agreement.
The site will notify of any dates when the studio will be closed, which would delay shipping until the studio is re-opened.
We hope that you are completely satisfied with your jewelry purchase. If for any reason, you are not, please contact us us immediately and we will arrange for a return. Jewelry in its original and unused condition may be returned within 14 days of receipt for exchange or merchandise credit less any shipping fees. Upon return, we will exchange your item or apply a merchandise credit to your account. We are not responsible for items that are lost or damaged in transit; thus we highly recommend that you carefully pack your and insure your merchandise return. To start your return, please send us an email with the subject - RETURN AUTHORIZATION REQUEST and we will send you further instructions. Exchange or merchandise credit will not be issued without a Return Authorization Number.
We take great pride in the craftsmanship and the quality of our artisan jewelry. Each piece is guaranteed to be free from defects on delivery. If you find that your piece is damaged or fails, and examination reveals that it was due to a craftsmanship defect, we will repair or replace the piece at no charge (Note: replacement may not be an option for one-of-a-kind designs due to limited materials). If preferred, we will give a full refund once we receive your piece. Or, you may exchange your defective piece for a different product or take a merchandise credit. A full refund is only offered on defective merchandise.
If your jewelry needs to be repaired due to an accident or other incident, please contact us and explain the problem. Most items can be repaired for a small fee. Each repair will be individually accessed, and I will contact you with a repair quote before proceeding. Broken items will need to be shipped in order to be accessed properly. Please send us an email with the subject - REPAIR REQUEST and I will send you further instructions.
- Did you lose one earring of your pair? Don't buy a new pair (though please feel free) - I would be happy to make you a single earring to match your single if the materials are available.
- Did your piece fall on the ground and break? I may be able to replace the broken beads or redesign the piece with different bead to fill in the spaces.
- Did your piece get caught on something or was it pulled on and broke? Gather up as many beads as you can. I can usually restring your piece and add filler beads as needed to replace lost beads.
care of your handcrafted jewelry can ensure that it will last for you
to pass on to furture generations of your family. A few tips are listed
- Do you wear make-up, lotion, use perfume, or use hairspray? These are all items that have chemicals that may damage your jewelry. If you use these items, please use them first and let them dry completely before putting on your jewelry. If possible - put your perfume on in a different location; for example if you are wearing a necklace today, avoid using perfume on the neckline and apply to the elbow or wrist instead. If you are wearing a bracelet, avoid perfume on the wrist. Lotions and perfumes seem cause the most damage, in some cases completely changing the color of your jewelry. Good rule of thumb - JEWELRY IS LAST ON AND FIRST OFF!
- Avoid wearing your jewelry in the shower, while doing the dishes, or when you go swimming. Heavy perspiration may also cause damage to your handcrafted jewelry. Try to remember to take off your pieces before wearing them while doing certain activities.
- When storing your jewelry, your necklaces should lay flat - this will prevent your piece(s) from stretching and avoid undo stress on your piece(s).
- Do not store your jewelry in open sunlight or leave in your car. Fading or warping may occur on some items.
- Sterling Silver WILL TARNISH. This is natural and occurs due to oxidation. To help slow this process, store sterling silver jewelry in an air-tight bag or in a jewelry box with anti-tarnishing strips. To brighten/polish or remove tarnish from your sterling silver jewelry, use a polishing cloth. Do not use a Silver Cleaner or Liquid Silver Dip to clean your jewelry. This will cause damage to any part of your jewelry that is not Silver.
- After wearing pearls, take a damp micro-fiber cloth and gently rub pearls lightly, wiping off any dirt, grime, or perspiration that may have built up while you were wearing your piece. You do not need to do this every time you wear your piece - but it is recommended to do every few times you wear your piece. Let air dry. Store in soft pouch away from other pieces that may scratch the pearls.
We respect your privacy and any concerns you may have regarding your privacy. All information you provide to us will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared, sold or traded for any reason. Information collected in your user account is only used to make improvements to our website to enhance your experience on our website. You do not need to be a user in order to purchase items from our store. In addition, you can check out through PayPal without having a PayPal account.
Thank you for your interest in Splash of Color Designs art jewelry. If you didn't find the answer to your question, just ask!